My Twitter

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ever ready, are you ready?!

     Okay so I really have not posted in a long time, but as I sit on my break from class I decided that I would go ahead a make a post right quick.  I had a birthday on this past week and I don't think I have ever had a more fun celebration.  I had been looking for something fun to do for a few weeks and ended up deciding on a Japanese restaurant near my house. I don't know if the family has ever had that much fun as a group. The Chef was wonderful, funny, and extremely entertaining.  Every member of the clan that could enjoy it did. It was a wonderful gift to have my parents take the whole clan out.  I really enjoyed the place and I think everyone else would say the same. So looking back at a day like that its hard to imaging my life without the people that love me, and I in return love.  


     Tina decided to go all out for my birthday this year. I ended up getting some really great gifts. My "big" present was an iPhone and a Computer with which to sync it. Both of which I have been lamenting over for months, and rightfully so. I love both of these things. I love being able to twitter and stuff like that very effectively from a mobile device. I use it all the time to look up this and that and the service so far is great. The other gift she got my really sucked, and I mean that in the best possible way. I have really been craving over a Dyson lately because I utterly hated our current vacuum situation. So on Sunday she said that I could run out and get a Dyson as my gift. I 'friggin love that thing. I am not afraid its going to break every time I use it and I don't have to wear a medical mask to avoid my allergies from freaking out on me.  Not to mention she took me to the movies and we saw "Monsters vs. Aliens" in 3D. Tina and I have a history of 3D movies and we loved this one just as much as the others. My parents renewed my registration, got me an iTunes gift card (much needed for the copious amount of apps I am downloading) and some electric salt and pepper shakers. (Woot). Nicole and Jeremy gave me some MUCH needed funds which Tina and I promptly used on movie tickets (THANKS GUYS!) and Nicole and Mike got me an Amex Gift card which Tina and I are most likely going to use on a hot date! (Thanks!). I have felt EXTREMLY loved this birthday and I cannot thank everyone enough. 

So I really love Nicole's Top 10 Tuesday posts so I think I am going to make a 24 Reasons being 24 Kicks ass list. Here it goes.


24 reasons I am so happy about being 24!


24. I am finally in a place in my life where I feel like I belong. I am not ashamed to be me!

23. I really feel loved by my family this Birthday, everyone put ALOT of effort into me!

22. I am one year closer to cheaper insurance!

21. I really have started to understand how to change systems from within, instead of trying to fight the system from the outside. 

20. In a TERRIBLE economy, I have a job. I can't imagine my life without meaningful work.

19. Sorta a part of #20, but I am really enjoying my work for the first time in YEARS.

18. I have literally the best friends in the world. I would be a lot worse off if it were not for them.

17. My car, while old, still runs. Bessie and I have been going strong for 6 years now.

16. While not at the end of the journey called college yet, I am starting to see the light.

15. This may seem petty, but I love my cats, they really are such a part of how much my life kicks ass.

14. Everyone around me is healthy and happy. I am especially grateful for Jax being over 1 year old!

13. I am FINALLY starting to connect with Ethan. 

12. I found a Church I really like again, spiritually I have been lost, but this has given me motivation.

11. I got a new computer. Which is amazing.

10. I am really excited about the next year for so many reasons, but one of which is I draw ever closer to graduation.

9. I think a Third Eye Blind album may come out this year! That would be splendid. 

8. I get to plan a honeymoon this year. Yay exotic vacations! "Are you for Scuba?"

7. I am old enough to rent cars now! (Would have been really handy years ago)

6. Uhh, I have an iPhone. Nuff Said.

5. My friends care so much about me that I got a gazillion Facebook happy birthdays! I could not look at this and not smile. 

4. I am still young enough to be random. I can wake up one morning and decide I want to blow off everything and spend the day being lazy.

3. I am healthy, and I have a roof over my head, I know that a lot of people work hard for that to happen and I am grateful and look forward to being able assist ALOT more this year.

2. I have THE best family in the world, and it will be growing a lot this year as the Doan / Haslup Clan reaches out to the Phillips clan. Yay big families. 

1. I get to count down the days till I marry the most wonderful kick as part about being 24, the person I love the most. I am so 'friggin exited about this that I cannot put it into words. No matter how bad things get, I know that as long as she is a part of my life, I would pull through, and this confidence effects everything while I am 24. I have a busy year ahead of me, but I know Tina's patience, and confidence in my abilities will help me succeed at all of my Endeavours.


Thats all for now!

No comments: