My Twitter

Monday, August 6, 2007

Had a rough night...

...I had a really rough night...

It started at work when we were really busy. I was coming back from helping a customer and was generally in a fairly good mood. I started talking to a customer about the cheapest laptop we sell and he was wondering about putting XP on it. Suddenly I was approached by another customer who was fuming because he had been waiting for almost twenty minutes. I kindly told him that I was assisting someone and that I was sorry for any confusion that had happened and asked him if he would just wait for a minute and I would be more than happy to help him. He then replied to me that if I did not help him in the next five minutes "I would know who he was...". I mean what the hell, its about a damn laptop. Get over yourself. Thank God Joe started helping him and the guy ended up not even being able to pay for it. My customer got pissed off and left, and thank goodness the night ended quickly.


...later


I am getting ready to crawl into bed when I notice one of my labidochromis caeruleus (yellow labs) playing up around the power head that I just got yesterday. I then notice something that appears to be yellow that I did not notice yesterday. Turns out one of my fish must have gotten stuck to the intake valve on the filter and died. I was on the phone with Tina when I noticed it and now I feel that she is upset with me because the new "toy" I bought killed one of our fish. This sucks. I ordered a part that should fix this but its just really hard to imagine the poor fish (who was amazingly beautiful) and dying stuck to that filter. This is all really my fault. I have a system in place but this is just the first Cichlid I have lost and it was not something that I could not control. This was my fault, and now to Tina I feel like a failure.

No comments: