My Twitter

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Todays Adventure

The Morning
I woke up this morning and for the first time in a few days I did not have to rush off to work. Sundays are my day off and I enjoy them immensely. I work up at about 10 or 11 and I realized that I needed to get to work. Sundays are dubbed "water change" day. This is where I take 25% of the water out of all 3 of my fishtanks to just put new water back in. Its really good for the fish and its actually not that bad of a time. The fish really really love it. I finished that and decided that I would head over to Petco to check out Powerheads. I have been reading about them on a website I go to and they all seem to think its really good for the fish. So I went down, talked to my mom (yes I live at home in the summer) and headed out.
I get to the fishstore, start poking around and checking prices. Not too bad, def have looked at more expensive things for my tank before. My girlfriend has me really freaked out about money right now. I have never really had to save anything and if I have the money I mind has well get myself a "toy". Guess I am spoiled, I dunno why, I just need to by things to justify the amound to work I do. I decide to think about it for just a little bit longer, and I go to Jimmy John's for lunch. I'll never do that again, the bread tasted old, the toppings were not all that great, and the service sucked. I was telling the girl who works at Petco that I had some pictures of my tank in my car I wanted to show her. I head out to get them after lunch and realize that I have mistakenly left them in a binder at work. No biggie work it just a few seconds from where I was mind has well just pop in and grab the pictures....

Problems At Work
Okay so like a lot of the people my age I need to get my wisdom teeth out. I have found a dentist I really like and he recommended someone to do this. No big deal, my appointment is scheduled for the 16th. I told work the 22nd of last month, MORE than enough time to give me off. Work decided that they would not give me off and have been giving me nothing but problems about it. Its such bullshit. So the new schedule with the days I need off on it came out and well guess what I don't have off the days that I need off. My supervisor comes up to me and says "We need to talk" This means that he wants to tell me I am going to have to wait on my teeth, which I am not doing. He feeds me all the usual lines and then is like "So thats why we need to work on it.." Excuse me...We? I did my part, I told you about it almost a month in advance. Now I understand that our store is understaffed and that many people have vacations, but realistically how is that my fault? Why should I have to suffer because they did not want to work on it. So like a fucking retard I agree that if I can get off the days I need I will work next Sunday. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid Patrick. This now means that I go into work Thursday and don't have off again until Thursday. Whatever, I should have just called out with a doctors note. I hate the fact that I am such an idiot.

After that...
So I called my sister who's husband is a lawyer and kindly mentioned that she should ask him if he knows of any laws that say an employer has to give you off for stuff like that, especially with notice given. Well I went back to Petco, showed Megan my pictures, and went to Petsmart, the powerheads were cheaper there so I grabbed one and came home, put it in my tank, and now have a whole bunch of fish surfin the wave...


I'll write more when I can.


No comments: