My Twitter

Monday, August 6, 2007

"Oh its what you do to me"

I talked to Tina again last night, she said that I seemed wrong about her parents. I was somewhat buying this and thinking that I was irrational and then she said that she told her mom that she wanted to spend time in MD with me at the end of the summer and her mom replied "Well, I don't understand, it's not like your married or something." I mean Jesus, I think that all her parents see me as is that guy who refuses to marry their daughter. I honestly think that I would like to marry Tina, but its really hard to know if thats the right decision. Would things with her family become copasetic if we were married? I realize that very few people like their in-laws but I wonder if its too unreasonable to want them to at least not actively seek to destruct your relationship.

Its just a lot of pressure and stress over something that if left alone would work itself out. I can't stand her when she is around her family, she changes. She feels that she has to fit a mold that her parents would like and that person that she becomes shakes the very foundation of my belief's in us. The bigger question is which person IS that facade?

No comments: